Friday, August 31, 2012

Great Quotes From the RNC 2012



"Unequivocal in principle, reasonable in manner, we shall be able I hope to do a great deal of good to the cause of freedom & harmony." --Thomas Jefferson

With that said, here are a few of our favorite quotes from a handful of the numerous speeches.

Mitt Romney: "How many days have you woken up feeling that something really special was happening in America? Many of you felt that way on Election Day four years ago. Hope and Change had a powerful appeal. But tonight I'd ask a simple question: If you felt that excitement when you voted for Barack Obama, shouldn't you feel that way now that he's President Obama?"
"The president has disappointed America because he hasn't led America in the right direction. He took office without the basic qualification that most Americans have and one that was essential to his task. He had almost no experience working in a business. Jobs to him are about government."
"The centerpiece of the president's entire re-election campaign is attacking success. Is it any wonder that someone who attacks success has led the worst economic recovery since the Great Depression? In America, we celebrate success, we don't apologize for it."

Paul Ryan: "When I was waiting tables, washing dishes, or mowing lawns for money, I never thought of myself as stuck in some station in life. I was on my own path, my own journey, an American journey where I could think for myself, decide for myself, define happiness for myself. That's what we do in this country. That's the American Dream. That's freedom, and I'll take it any day over the supervision and sanctimony of the central planners."
"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life."
"Sometimes even presidents need reminding that our rights come from nature and God, and not from government."

Marco Rubio: "[The president's] new slogan for his campaign is 'Forward.' Forward? A government that spends $1 trillion more than it takes in. An $800 billion stimulus that created more debt than jobs. A government intervention into health care paid for with higher taxes and cuts to Medicare. Scores of new rules and regulations. These ideas don't move us 'Forward,' these ideas move us 'Backwards.' These are tired and old big-government ideas that have failed every time and everywhere they've been tried. Ideas that people come to America to get away from. These are ideas that threaten to make America more like the rest of the world, instead of helping the rest of the world become more like America."

Rick Santorum: "President Obama rules like he is above the law. America take heed, when a president can simply give a speech or write a memo and change the law to do what the law says he can't, we weaken our republic."

Rand Paul: "When I heard the current president say, 'You didn't build that,' I was first insulted, then I was angered, then I was saddened that anyone in our country, much less the president of the United States, believes that roads create business success and not the other way around. Anyone who so fundamentally misunderstands American greatness is uniquely unqualified to lead this great nation."

Condoleezza Rice: "When the world looks at us today, they see an American government that cannot live within its means. They see an American government that continues to borrow money that will mortgage the future of generations to come. The world knows that when a nation loses control of its finances, it eventually loses control of its destiny."

Artur Davis, a former Democrat who seconded Obama's nomination in 2008 and co-chaired his national election committee but has now changed parties: "John F. Kennedy asked us what we could do for America. This Democratic Party asks what can government give you. Don't worry about paying the bill, it's on your kids and grandkids."

Susana Martinez, likewise a former Democrat: "Before I ran for district attorney, two Republicans invited my husband and me to lunch. And I knew a party-switch was exactly what they wanted. So, I told Chuck, we'll be polite, enjoy a free lunch and then say goodbye. But we talked about issues -- they never used the words Republican, or Democrat, conservative or liberal. We talked about many issues, like welfare -- is it a way of life, or a hand-up? Talked about the size of government -- how much should it tax families and small businesses? And when we left that lunch, we got in the car and I looked over at Chuck and said, 'I'll be damned, we're Republicans.'"

Mia Love: "[The president's] policies have failed us. We're not better off than we were four years ago, and no rhetoric, bumper sticker or Hollywood campaign ad can change that. Mr. President, I'm here to tell you, the American people are awake, and we're not buying what you're selling in 2012."

Closing with Mitt Romney: "President Obama promised to slow the rise of the oceans, and heal the planet. I promise to help you and your family."

"If I am elected president of these United States, I will work with all my energy and soul to restore that America, to lift our eyes to a better future. That future is our destiny. That future is out there. It is waiting for us. Our children deserve it, our nation depends upon it, the peace and freedom of the world require it. And with your help we will deliver it. Let us begin that future together tonight."

No comments:

Post a Comment