Saturday, September 10, 2011

Scars Heal But Never Go Away


10 years ago on Sept 11, 2001 the world and America changed forever. I was working in downtown Kansas City for a mutual fund transfer agent. We just had gotten settled in at our desks and news came over the radio of a plane hitting one of the World Trade Center buildings in New York. Like the rest of you, everyone assumed it was a small plane, an accident. Shortly after that, it was obvious this was no accident.

By noon, everything was shutting down. The nation shut down for that day it seemed. I remember getting gas on the way home because we were afraid of what was coming, what was next. We stayed in front of the TV that day and watched with amazement and horror. I had an anxious and confused feeling that day. But it seemed to go away and on September 12 it was time to be America again. America with a scar.

Like the scar on my eye brow from falling while jumping on the bed as a child, it healed but never went away. Our scar healed or IS still healing and I fear that it will go away. This scar should never go away. I did not know anyone killed that day personally, but the CEO of my client lost his son. For the survivors those scars may never heal. Say a special prayer for those families today. God Bless the first responders that were racing up the stairwells while others raced down.


Here is a video reminder that I put together this evening. Think, remember, pray and love. God Bless America the beautiful! America is STILL beautiful, but scarred.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment