Saturday, April 14, 2012

Civility and Respect.... please.

I have had many Facebook chat interactions with my extremely liberal Uncle. He is an intelligent well educated professor and published author. We just disagree on politics. Could not be farther apart, but it has always been a civil discussion. Until recently. In one comment string, he crossed the line accusing me of being a racist Nazi and said I should run the crematoriums and being a White Supremacist supporter.

Does family mean anything? Is the bitter divide SO intense in this country that we cannot even show a little respect to your blood family? Or to ANYONE at that time. There is NO excuse for accusatory language and insults towards anybody.

It's time to change alright, but the changes in place in America cannot have good results. I am sorry Gene if anything I have ever said lead to you feeling this way. Those of you that know me, know that these accusations are unfair and unfounded. But it is what it is... you are my Uncle Gene, I respected you. But that respect is quickly fading.

Pray for America, and pray for family.

No comments:

Post a Comment